Demands of health supplements are on the all-time high all over the world. Global market research reports have shown that more and more numbers of people are relying on various kinds of health supplements to compensate for the deficiencies that they have. It has been seen that daily diet intake is not being able to provide all the essential nutrients that the body needs and hence support from outside is needed. As per the survey reports, in the coming years, it will be a challenge for the healthcare supplement industry to cater to the growing needs of the people. Whether it is activated charcoal capsule manufacturers or other kinds of supplement manufacturers – everybody will be facing challenges in this industry.
The activated charcoal capsule global market is showing overall improvements throughout the last five years. The growth rate that is expected to be achieved is sure to influence the global economy. There are loads of investment opportunities as well as challenges in this industry but manufacturers are ready to take up the challenge as the prospects are very bright.
Activated charcoal and its features and popularity
There are different kinds of ingredients which are being used in the dietary food supplements and activated carbon in the form of activated charcoal is extensively used in the same. Infact this natural ingredient has been seen to have innumerable benefits and these effects are being used when it is being used in making of supplements.
Activated carbon is an excellent adsorbent and this is the reason it is used extensively in various applications including purification and environmental recovery. It helps in remediating groundwater, purifying contaminated drinking water and even helping in air purification. With increased focus and awareness on sustainability and environmental regulations, activated carbon is gaining immense importance. In a global market and research survey, it has been found out that the market for activated carbon was US $2.7 billion in 2015 and it is expected to rise to US $6.2 billion by 2022.
There are various items from which activated carbon is made. All these substances like wood, coal and coconut husks are organic and carbon-rich sources. The physical structure – the highly porous structure of these items is such that they act as excellent adsorbents. With the porous structure, an expansive surface area is obtained which helps in holding many things in a small space. Activated carbon’s porosity helps in holding and capturing the impurities and other undesirable components on the surface. This quality of activated carbon is used for purification processes and for removing undesirable components from various things and places. Some of the areas in which activated carbon is extensively used include:
• Pharmaceutical products
• Water purification
• Air purification
• Medical products
• Food and beverage production
• Soil remediation
• Gold recovery
• Metal finishing
• Automotive products
Activated carbon market driving factors
It is quite evident that demands of activated carbon are on the constant rise with its use in so many industries and fields. But one has to understand the factors which are driving the activated carbon market. Reports on the market provide excellent insight on the matter. Here are some of the market-driving factors as per the available reports:
• Increasing demands for clean drinking water – In the industrializing nations, demands for activated carbon are on the rise. This is because investments in infrastructure for safe drinking water are increasing. Activated carbon is a leading tool in water purification.
• Mercury control from various power plants – Mercury emissions are caused extensively from coal-fired power plants. There are set regulations for the amount of mercury and other kinds of toxic elements which should be emitted from the various power plants. Activated carbon injections are being used extensively for addressing the problem of mercury emissions. The steps are taken by many industries all over the world for controlling mercury emissions from power plants.
• Resurgence of the automobile industry – Industry analysts have opined that the resurgence of the automobile industry is a great factor which helps in driving demands of activated carbon. In vehicles activated carbon canisters are used for improving engine performance and reducing hydrocarbon emissions. As the demands for vehicles increase, so do the demands of activated carbon.
• Environmental legislation – Restoring and protecting the environment has become a major concern today. And activated carbon plays a major role in the same. This component is used in different applications which works towards making a cleaner environment. With focus increasing on environmental recovery and sustainability, activated carbon products are helping a great deal in absorbing impurities and toxins from the environment and keeps it clean.
It is quite evident from the above mentioned points that demands of activated carbon will be ever rising in the world. The pressure will not only be felt by activated charcoal capsule exporters, but also by the various private label manufacturers. Choose the exporter or the manufacturer carefully for best results.